Tomato Soup Recipe and Grilled Cheese with Prosciutto
Try this amazing Tomato Soup Recipe and Grilled Cheese with Prosciutto that will keep you warm all winter long!
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves of minced fresh garlic
- 2 sweet red bell peppers
- 3 1/2 pounds of canned tomatoes and juice
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of tomato paste (if needed)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 8 thick slices of sweet bread - Brioche or Challah
- 16 slices of smoked gouda cheese
- 16 slices of provolone cheese
- 16 slices of prosciutto ham
- 4 ounces of unsalted butter
For the Bisque:
For the Grilled Cheese:
- In a large hot pot with olive oil caramelize onions and garlic. Once brown, add in the sweet peppers, tomatoes and stock and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Next, puree the soup with a blender until smooth. Thicken up with tomato paste if need be and finish the soup with balsamic vinegar, cream, salt, pepper and paprika.
- For the grilled cheese, stack 2 slices each of gouda, provolone and prosciutto ham on a slice bread then cover with another sliced of bread. Spread butter on the outside of the bread on both sides. Next, sear the bread on each side in a large saute pan on medium-high heat until the bread is golden brown on each side and the cheese is melted. If the cheese does not melt, place the pan in the oven on 375° for 4 minutes.