Think of all the goodness that goes into a twice baked potato and then topped off with bacon and queso dip! This is what these Twice Baked Potato Footballs are all about!
Start by boiling the fingerling potatoes, cutting them in half and scooping out the inside. Mash the potatoes with a little butter, salt and pepper. Next, make the queso by heating up a can of strained RO*TEL, cheese and crispy bacon.
From there, stuff the fingerling potatoes shells back up with the mashed potatoes and then brush them with butter. Place the pan under the broiler so that the tops can crisp up and then pour on some delicious bacon queso and garnish with long slices of chives to be used as the football laces!
You can serve these however you want, just make sure they aren’t all touching each other so that the football is recognizable.
These are easy, incredibly delicious to make and I know they’ll be a hit at your next party!
- 8 chopped crisp cooked strips of bacon
- 1 pound of pasteurized prepared cheese product cut into 1” chunks
- 10 ounces can of Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 20 parboiled fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- ½” slices of chives (160)
- Preheat the oven to broil low.
- For the Queso: In a medium size pot on low heat add in the bacon, cheese and Ro*Tel until the cheese is completely melted. Keep warm.
- For the Potatoes: Cut the potatoes in half and use a small spoon or scoop to scoop out only the inside of the potato leaving the outer skin in tact and place it in a bowl along with 1 tablespoon of butter, salt and pepper.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth and stuff the potato skins that have been scooped out with the mashed potatoes.
- Place them on a cookie sheet tray and brush the tops with melted butter and cook under the broiled for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Remove them from the oven and top off with a small amount of bacon queso dip and 4 chive slices shaped like football strings and serve.