Roasted Broccoli Soup with Cheddar
Try this Roasted Broccoli Soup with Cheddar that is loaded with flavor and perfect for those cold Winter days!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1½ Cup yellow onions, chopped
- 1 Cup leeks, chopped
- 4 Heads of broccoli stems removed
- ½ Gallon chicken stock
- 8 Ounces butter
- 8 Ounces flour
- 1 to 2 quarts cream
- 8 Ounces grated white cheddar
- Lea & Perrins to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- In a soup pot add in oil and sauté garlic and onions until caramelized. Add in broccoli and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add in chicken stock and reduce for 20 minutes on medium-high heat.
- In a large pan melt butter and stir in flour.
- Once soup is boiling add in butter flour mixture (roux) to the soup to thicken. Cook for an additional 10 minutes on low heat.
- Puree the soup using a blender or hand blender until smooth.
- Pour in the cream.
- Stir in cheese and adjust seasonings with Lea & Perrins, Tabasco, and salt and pepper.