Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published October 13, 2022. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You will love this delicious homemade prosciutto pasta recipe loaded with creamy burrata, roasted mushrooms, and asparagus. The flavor combinations in this dish are incredible.
Prosciutto pasta is plainly pasta that has prosciutto ham in it. This pasta can be customized in any way that you see fit, which makes it perfect for picky eaters. I added mushrooms, cheeses, and vegetables to this recipe to help round out the flavors and give it a creamy texture.
Feel free to get creative when making this dish and don’t forget to watch the video below to see how I bring it all together.
- Pasta – I prefer to use fresh homemade pasta whenever possible. However, 1 pound of dried pasta will work.
- Fat – Olive oil is the preferred fat, but you can use ghee, clarified butter, tallow, or lard.
- Mushrooms – I used a combination of shiitake and portabella mushrooms, but any mushrooms will work in this pasta recipe.
- Garlic – A few minced cloves will go a long way in adding flavor.
- Asparagus – I used about 15 asparagus stalks that I slice into thirds and on a bias.
- Cheese – A combination of whole milk or sheep’s milk ricotta, parmesan cheese, and burrata is used.
- Lemon – A little zest at the end will add some nice bright notes.
- Ham – Slice prosciutto ham and add some salty protein to this pasta.
How to Make Prosciutto Pasta
Start off this recipe by assembling and kneading your homemade pasta.
Run the pasta dough through the pasta maker or roll it by hand.
Cut the pasta into the desired size, and then let it sit until it is ready to be used or stored.
Add some olive oil to a large frying pan over high heat and wait until it begins to smoke lightly.
Place in the mushrooms and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until well browned.
Stir in the minced garlic and cook just until fragrant, which takes about 30 seconds.
Add in the cut asparagus and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Place your fresh homemade pasta into a pot of boiling salted water and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes or just until done.
Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the roasted vegetables then add in ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and gently fold the pasta over to combine.
Serve the pasta with slices of prosciutto ham, burrata cheese, lemon zest, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: This is meant to be eaten as soon as it is finished being made.
How to Store: Cover the pasta, separate it from the burrata, and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. This will not freeze well.
How to Reheat: Add the desired amount of pasta, separate from the burrata. to a medium-sized saucepot and add in 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and heat over low to medium heat while continually gently stirring with a spoon until hot. Adjust seasonings and serve with cut burrata.
Chef Notes + Tips
- Any pasta shape will work for this recipe.
- If you are using fresh homemade pasta, note the timing of assembling this recipe, as fresh pasta will only take 1 to 2 minutes to cook.
- You may need to add a few tablespoons of hot pasta water to the pasta while mixing it with the cheese to help melt and infuse everything.
More Pasta Recipes
Fresh Homemade Pasta Recipe with Asparagus and Prosciutto Ham
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 15 trimmed and sliced fresh asparagus stalks
- 1/2 recipe for fresh homemade pasta, or 1 pound dried pasta
- ¾ cup whole milk or sheep's ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- 1 ball of burrata cheese, cut into wedges
- 12 slices prosciutto ham
- zest of 1 lemon
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over high heat and wait until it begins to smoke lightly.
- Place in the mushrooms and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until well browned.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook just until fragrant, which takes about 30 seconds.
- Add in the cut asparagus and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place your fresh homemade pasta into a pot of boiling salted water and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes or just until done.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the roasted vegetables, then add ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and gently fold the pasta over to combine.
- Serve the pasta with slices of prosciutto ham, burrata cheese, lemon zest, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.