Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published September 10, 2023. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This tasty 3-ingredient pesto vinaigrette recipe comes together in minutes and is an amazing dressing to serve with your next salad. You will be blown away at how flavorful this vinaigrette is.
Salad dressing just makes the salad that much better, especially if it’s got a bunch of herbs and cheese in it. If you’re looking to up your salad game, then definitely try out my Italian Dressing or Ranch Dressing.
Pesto Vinaigrette is an easy-to-prepared dressing consisting of pre-made pesto that is emulsified with vinegar and oil to enhance its flavors and thin it out so that it can easily coat salad greens. It’s best to use fresh homemade pesto when making this vinaigrette.
You can create and alter the flavors by swapping out the basil with things like cilantro or kale. If you are a fan of pesto, then you will definitely like this full-flavored vinaigrette.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Pesto – You will need to make pesto ahead of time or purchase pre-made.
- Vinegar – I prefer to use white wine or distilled vinegar for this.
- Oil – Olive oil is best to use because that is the main oil already in the pesto. However, you can use avocado oil or any neutral-flavored oil.
How to Make Pesto Vinaigrette from Scratch
Add the pesto and vinegar together in a medium-sized bowl.
Slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing becomes emulsified.
Store or serve the pesto vinaigrette.
Make-Ahead and Storage
Make-Ahead: For freshness, you can make this Pesto Vinaigrette up to 3 days ahead. You can serve this immediately, but more flavors will come out with time. In addition, let it sit at room temperature before serving it.
How to Store: Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. This will not freeze.
Chef Notes + Tips
- Make this recipe in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment for the ultimate emulsified dressing.
- Emulsify is just a fancy culinary term to combine two things that generally wouldn’t go together, like oil and vinegar.
More Dressing Recipes
Pesto Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Add the pesto and vinegar together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing becomes emulsified.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Store or serve the pesto vinaigrette.