Think of these Mini Cornmeal Cupcakes with Maple Butter Cream almost like cornbread muffins with maple, except they are packed in little bites and way more delicious.
The cornmeal cupcakes batter is the same as cornbread muffins except I may have put a little more sugar in it, but I can’t be sure :-). Next spray PAM Original No-Stick Spray into a mini 24 muffin tin, ad in the batter and bake.
These will bake quick since they are so tiny.. Just wanted to warn ya ;-).
The buttercream consists of butter, powdered sugar and maple syrup. Not too much now, just enough so you can taste it.
These little puppies are loaded with flavor and it will be very hard to only eat 1, so pace yourselves. Not that I ate a bunch at one time or anything… Ok I did.
Mini Cornmeal Cupcakes with Maple Butter Cream
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 can of PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ¼ cup of sour cream
For the Butter Cream:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- For the cupcakes: Mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl until combined, and set aside.
- Whip together the butter and sugar in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Next, add in 1 egg at a time until they are completely mixed in, and then add in the milk and sour cream.
- Add in the dry ingredients on low speed until it is completely mixed in
- Spray the 24 count mini cupcake pan with PAM® Non-Stick Cooking Spray and divide the batter evenly into each cupcake slot.
- Bake the pan in the oven at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are lightly browned and firm in the center, and cool to room temperature.
- For the butter cream: Whip the butter in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and maple syrup on low speed until combined and then whip it on high speed for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, frost the cakes with the butter cream and serve.