Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published November 20, 2015. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’ve done plenty of leftover Turkey recipes after the holidays, and while those are fantastic and always delicious I decided to change it up in this Leftover Creamy Mashed Potato Soup Recipe! You don’t want to miss this one, it’s a keeper!
Leftover Creamy Mashed Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 small diced stalks of celery
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 6 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot on high heat, melt the butter and saute the onions and celery for 6 to 8 minutes and then add in the flour and stir.
- Next, add in the stock and cook on low heat until it becomes thick.
- Whisk in the potatoes, heavy cream and salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese and chives.