I’ve done plenty of leftover Turkey recipes after the holidays, and while those are fantastic and always delicious I decided to change it up in this Leftover Creamy Mashed Potato Soup Recipe! You don’t want to miss this one, it’s a keeper!
Leftover Creamy Mashed Potato Soup Recipe
Author: Chef Billy Parisi
This Leftover Creamy Mashed Potato Soup Recipe is perfect to get your creativity kick started after the holidays!
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 small diced stalks of celery
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 6 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot on high heat, melt the butter and saute the onions and celery for 6 to 8 minutes and then add in the flour and stir.
- Next, add in the stock and cook on low heat until it becomes thick.
- Whisk in the potatoes, heavy cream and salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese and chives.