Hamburgers with Grilled Bacon, Fried Egg & Avocado
These Hamburgers with Grilled Bacon, Fried Egg & Avocado are perfect for any backyard barbecue!
- 1 pound of 80/20 ground meat formed into two 8 ounce patties
- 1 thinly sliced vine ripe tomato
- 1 thinly sliced avocado
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 loaf of Focaccia bread sliced into hamburger buns
- 1 ounce of melted unsalted butter
- 3 to 4 leaves of red leaf lettuce
- 2 eggs
- non stick spray
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon
- 4 slices of mild cheddar
- Assorted berries: strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- On a hot grill cook the hamburgers to desired temperature. NOTE: should take 5 to 7 minutes on each side to achieve a medium internal temperature.
- When you flip the hamburgers add the bacon to the grill and cook until crispy. NOTE: The fat in the bacon will cause flames and smoke so be sure to turn often to avoid burning.
- Place a small non-stick skillet with non-stick spray on the grill and cook the egg to over medium and set aside.
- Once everything is almost finished, brush the inside of the focaccia bread with the melted butter and place on the grill to toast. NOTE: Should only take 2 to 3 minutes.
- To Plate: PLace the burger on the bun with the cheese, egg, bacon, avocado and serve with lettuce, tomato, onion and fresh berries on the side.