What on earth would a recipe collection be without a chili recipe. Chili is an integral part of tailgating and is a must on every game day and for those cool crisp nights and weekends. This Easy Homemade Chili Recipe is exactly that. Very standard recipe with ground beef with a very comfortable spice at the end. Of course you want to load it up with sour cream, cheese and green onions for that extra love. You can also tweak this Easy Homemade Chili Recipe too, perhaps use ground turkey instead of beef or scale back on the peppers for little spice, but you know you will make some sort of chili this year, so why not make this one? If you want to make some white chili’s then check out this Turkey Chili Recipe or this White Chicken Chili Recipe.
A picture below for pinning!
- 3 small diced yellow onions
- 2 small diced red bell peppers
- 3 small diced Serrano peppers, seeds removed
- 3 small diced jalapeño peppers, keep seeds from 2 peppers
- 5 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 pounds of ground meat
- 2 small diced chipotle peppers In adobo sauce
- Six 28 ounce cans of crushed, diced and whole plum tomatoes
- Eight 16 ounce cans of assorted black, pinto and kidney beans, strained and rinsed
- Three 8 ounce cans of tomato paste
- ½ cup of chili powder
- ½ cup of cumin
- 3 tablespoons of paprika
- Lea & Perrins to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large hot pot on high heat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, caramelized the onions, peppers (minus the chipotles) and garlic. Once brown add in the meat and cook throughout.
- Next add in the chipotle peppers, tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
- If the chili is too thick and a few cups of water or if it is too thin add in the tomato paste and stir.
- Add in all seasonings and simmer on low heat for 1 hours.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar and sliced green onions.