Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published March 18, 2013. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cortadito Coffee Recipe: this classic cortadito coffee recipe is loaded with sweet cream goodness and is sure to deliver deliciousness and energy!
I have been exposed to some crazy TV shows since I have been married, but this one by far takes the cake. So the other week, I get this text from my wife saying, “The Kardashian’s keep getting these Cortadito coffees, WE HAVE TO TRY THESE!” So, after some research on what the heck she was talking about I was able to make this recipe inspired by the amazing and talented (kidding) Kardashian sisters.
How to Make a Cortadito Coffee Recipe:
1. Get your grind on! ( Coffee grinders are less than $20 and they are also awesome to grind up herbs 🙂
2. Next, put the grounds into the Bialetti filter along with 1 cup of cold water into the bottom canister – see picture.
3. Screw the top spout on tight and place directly on the burner on medium heat for a nice slow steep.
4. While the coffee is steeping (keep a close eye on it) pour sugar into some sort of glass container that has a spout on it and as soon as the first 1/4 cup of coffee is brewed pour it into the glass container and whisk furiously until it becomes a creamy light brown sugary paste.
5. Once the sugar and coffee are mixed and the coffee is finished brewing, pour the remaining amount of coffee into the glass container and heat up the milk. Fill up have the amount of your coffee cup with the hot milk and the other half with your Cuban coffee sugar mixture. Lastly, sit back sip, and enjoy this full flavored sweet delicious coffee!
That’ll do it and hopefully, the Kardashians will chill out on the cortadito coffee consumption or anything else that will make me do something inspired by them!
Cortadito Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of finely ground Mayorga Cuban Coffee
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 cups of hot milk
- Use the water and coffee to make an espresso in a bialetti
- Next mix the first 1/4 cup of brewed coffee with the sugar and then pour in the remaining coffee once it's finished brewing.
- Lastly pour the mixture into the hot milk and serve.