I have been exposed to some crazy TV shows since I have been married, but this one by far takes the cake. So the other week, I get this text from my wife saying, “The Kardashian’s keep getting these Cortadito coffees, WE HAVE TO TRY THESE!” So, after some research on what the heck she was talking about I was able to make this recipe inspired by the amazing and talented (kidding) Kardashian sisters. Also before I start, there is of course a giveaway! Check out this Cortadito Coffee Recipe.
Giveaway and Ask: First, all you need to do is share my original Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter post about the contest or share this blog post via your social networks. Second you must leave a comment in this post telling me if you like light, medium or dark roast coffee for a chance to win a 2 pound bag of this Mayorga Cuban Coffee and a 3 cup Bialetti (see above picture)
The Rules: This giveaway is totally done in random and will begin on 3-18-2013 and end on 3-22-2013. The winner will be announced on 3-22-2013. One comment post per person please.
So, on to the recipe!
- 1 cup of water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of finely ground Mayorga Cuban Coffee
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 cups of hot milk
- Use the water and coffee to make an espresso in a bialetti
- Next mix the first ¼ cup of brewed coffee with the sugar and then pour in the remaining coffee once it's finished brewing.
- Lastly pour the mixture into the hot milk and serve.
1. Get your grind on! ( Coffee grinders are less than $20 and they are also awesome to grind up herbs 🙂
2. Next, put the grounds into the Bialetti filter along with 1 cup of cold water into the bottom canister – see picture.
3. Screw the top spout on tight and place directly on the burner on medium heat for a nice slow steep.
4. While the coffee is steeping (keep a close eye on it) pour sugar into some sort of glass container that has a spout on it and as soon as the first 1/4 cup of coffee is brewed pour it into the glass container and whisk furiously until it becomes a creamy light brown sugary paste.
5. Once the sugar and coffee is mixed and the coffee is finished brewing, pour the remaining amount of coffee into the glass container and heat up the milk. Fill up have the amount of your coffee cup with the hot milk and the other half with your Cuban coffee sugar mixture. Lastly, sit back sip and enjoy this full flavored sweet delicious coffee!
That’ll do it and hopefully the Kardashians will chill out on the coffee consumption or anything else that will make me do something inspired by them!
P.S. Good luck with the contest!