Make this Seafood Cioppino Recipe Chef Billy Parisi style!
- 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 1 thinly sliced large shallot
- 1/4 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh fennel
- 1/2 finely minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 to 10 Mussels
- 4 ounces fresh tilapia or flounder, rough chop
- 6 Clams
- 1/2 cup chardonnay
- 6 ounces clam juice
- 6 ounces fish stock
- 4 ounces peeled whole tomatoes canned
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- cooked Jasmine rice
In a hot skillet with olive oil, caramelize garlic, onions, peppers, fennel and jalapeno.
Next add in tomato paste and cook until vegetables are a rust color, 4-6 minutes.
Next, add in mussels, clams, tilapia and deglaze with white wine.
Once wine is almost gone add in stocks, tomatoes salt, pepper and herbs.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve hot with white rice