Make this Seafood Cioppino Recipe Chef Billy Parisi style!
- 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 1 thinly sliced large shallot
- ¼ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh fennel
- ½ finely minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 to 10 Mussels
- 4 ounces fresh tilapia (or flounder), rough chop
- 6 Clams
- ½ cup chardonnay
- 6 ounces clam juice
- 6 ounces fish stock
- 4 ounces peeled whole tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- cooked Jasmine rice
- In a hot skillet with olive oil, caramelize garlic, onions, peppers, fennel and jalapeno.
- Next add in tomato paste and cook until vegetables are a rust color, 4-6 minutes.
- Next, add in mussels, clams, tilapia and deglaze with white wine.
- Once wine is almost gone add in stocks, tomatoes salt, pepper and herbs.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with white rice