Spice of your next tailgate with this Mexican Spiked Frogmore Stew loaded with delicious zesty flavor!
Use the biggest shrimp you can find for this Frogmore Stew! While the corn is delicious by itself, you can certainly kick up the flavor by serving it up with some delicious elote sauce!
If you need to serve quite a few people than this is your tailgate recipe!
The elote sauce will impress all of your guests on game day!
Big pic below for pinning!
Chipotle Tomato Frogmore Stew with Elote Sauce
For the Elote Sauce:
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ cup of shredded manchago cheese
For the Frogmore Stew:
- 28 ounce can of Hunt’s® Whole Peeled Tomatoes and juice
- 3 roughly chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 5 pounds of small to medium sized red potatoes
- 2 pounds of kielbasa sliced into 2” inch pieces
- 1 stalk of celery cut into 1” inch pieces
- 1 roughly chopped yellow onion
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- ¾ cup of Old Bay seasoning
- 5 shucked ears of corn cut into 2” inch pieces
- 2 pounds of peeled and deveined 16-20 shrimp
- For the Elote Sauce: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined and keep cool.
- For the Stew: Place the Hunt’s® tomatoes, chipotles, potatoes, kielbasa, celery, onions, lemons and Old Bay seasoning, and 1 gallon of cold water into a large pot and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- After it’s boiled, turn down the heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes. Next, add in the corn and cook for 5 minutes followed up by adding the shrimp and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid from the pot and serve the stew over newspaper and alongside the elote sauce for the corn.