There is a great little place in Chicago called Olive Mediterranean Grill that makes some really good Chicken Shawarma,, so I figured I would take a stab at it. If you are looking to impress a crowd of folks with some huge flavor then you’ve found the right recipe. Really simple to make and man is it good. No sauce necessary with this chicken, but feel free to add what you would like. Simply serve it up with some flatbread, hummus, rice, tomatoes and cucumbers. This is a really nice twist on chicken and a great alternate if you are getting into a rut with cooking. You will like this, so make it 🙂
A little over the top view to see all the goodness!
Always good to get close in 🙂
- 3 chicken breasts sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ground garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of cracked coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add all the herbs and spices to a small bowl and mix until combined. Next add it to a large bowl with the thinly sliced chicken breasts, yogurt and lemon juice, and mix until completely coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once marinated place the chicken in a large hot sauté pan with olive oil on high heat and cook on all sides until golden brown and cooked through out.
- Serve with hummus, rice, tomatoes, cucumbers and flat bread.