Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published August 21, 2019. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a fun easy to make delicious weeknight meal then this chicken bruschetta sandwich loaded up with melted cheese, fresh basil and balsamic glaze is sure to hit the spot.
School has started already, and things are back to normal but also chaotic. My mornings aren’t so chill anymore, now they involve getting my daughter ready for school and out the door. No more dilly-dallying drinking coffee all morning, it’s time to get a move on.
With the school year in full effect, I’m trying to get back into a routine of meal planning so that everyone knows what we’re going to eat with no surprises. It’s also my goal to figure out how to make something really delicious for my family to eat for dinner every day.
While the chicken bruschetta by itself is pretty darn tasty, I’m all about keeping this fun and interesting during the long school week for everyone. It was incredibly easy to bake and then from there, it’s all about adding on toppings to finish off the sandwich.
I added mozzarella, provolone, prosciutto, balsamic glaze, and some fresh chopped basil to the sandwich but you could absolutely customize it to make it just how you want. For example, you could use asiago or parmesan cheese, and even add some fresh oregano to it. You could also make it deli-style by adding some lettuce, tomato, and onion to the bun.
This sandwich is really delicious and so incredibly easy to make. I just love that it comes together in under an hour without much work. And adding just a couple of extra ingredients really enhances the sandwich and makes a fun tasty dinner for my family.
More Simple Recipes
- Homemade Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Easy beef stir fry recipe
- Beef Stroganoff
- Steak Frites
- Easy Broiled Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Tomato Soup
Chicken Bruschetta Sandwich Recipe
- 1 package of Chicken Bruschetta
- 2 hoagie buns, sliced
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese, sliced in half
- 2 slices of provolone cheese, sliced in half
- 4 slices of prosciutto ham
- 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the broiler to high heat.
- Place the cooked bruschetta chicken evenly onto 1 side of each sliced hoagie bun, reserve the tomato sauce in the heating tray.
- Evenly place both pieces of cheeses and prosciutto on top of the chicken and broil on high for 3-5 minutes until the bun is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top off with heated tomato sauce from the heating tray, balsamic glaze, and basil.
- Slice the sandwich and serve.