Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published August 14, 2019. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This blondies recipe is simply the best! Thick and fudgy delicious white brownies that are loaded with white chocolate chips and pecans that are sure to be a hit at your house!
Blondies have become incredibly popular in the last 20 years. In fact, just like my classic cheesecake recipe, we used to make them as a dessert at one of the popular restaurants that I used to work at. They take on a different flavor due to the use of white chocolate, vanilla, and brown sugar. They are delicious and ridiculously addicting, especially after topping off with ice cream and caramel.
Why Is It Called a Blondie
Blondies traditionally are more of a thick gooey cake batter that pushes the flavors of vanilla and caramel forward while still mixing in white chocolate chunks and nuts. Once it’s cooked it appears blonde in color which obviously is attributed to the name, blondies.
I personally believe the addition of white chocolate is a necessity as you would really need to load it up with vanilla for those rich flavors to come forth. This is in my professional opinion.
How to Make the Best Blondies
1. Add the melted butter to a bowl along with the sugars
2. Add in the eggs and whisk until combined.
3. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt just until combined, but make sure to not over mix.
4. Fold in the white chocolate and pecans until mixed in, the batter will be thick.
5. Transfer to a prepared 9×9 pan and bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes.
6. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
How Do You Know When They’re Done
The keys to delicious fudgy blondies are double batching them so that they are thick, and slightly undercooking them and letting the carry-over cooking finish them off. Once the blondie batter starts to pull away from the outside of the pan and are firm on the outside edges but soft in the center, then you are good to go.
I personally like to finish off my recipe with a huge scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, homemade caramel or chocolate sauce, and then serve it alongside some fresh berries and whipped cream! These blondies are absolutely going to impress whoever gets to eat it!
How To Store
Storing and Freezing: They will hold in the refrigerator covered in plastic wrap for up to 7 days. Believe it or not, blondies will freeze well covered in plastic for up to 3 months. If you are serving them from the freezer, pull them out 2 days before so they can properly thaw.
chef notes + tips
- Blondies these days seem to be up to the beholder as you will get a completely different recipe from each creator.
- You can absolutely add more white chocolate chips to the top of the blondies before baking.
- It is crucial to let your blondies sit at room temperature to cool before serving. This is necessary to ensure they are fudgy.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
- Key Lime Pie Recipe
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake
- Olive Oil Cup Cakes
- Coconut Cake Recipe
- Rice Pudding
The Best Blondies Recipe
- 3 sticks melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Fine Pastry Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly minced pecans
- caramel and ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Add the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour in the white chocolate and pecans and fold into the batter using a rubber spatula until completely mixed in.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared 9×13 baking pan and bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center is soft.
- Cool completely to room temperature before slicing and serving with ice cream, caramel, fresh berries, and whipped cream!
- Make sure to not over mix the batter.
- The batter should be very thick once it comes together.
- You can also add more white chocolate chips to the top of the blondies before baking.
- It is crucial to let your blondies sit at room temperature to cool before serving. This is necessary to ensure you have very fudgy blondies.