Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe with Brown sugar and Bourbon: If you are looking for the perfect appetizer then try this bacon wrapped dates recipe that is simmered in brown sugar and bourbon.
This brown sugar and bourbon bacon wrapped dates recipe is a super simple appetizer that you should definitely whip up at your next party.
I mean seriously, it’s only 5 ingredients and with the addition of brown sugar and bourbon, it’s ridiculously delicious.
Bacon wrapped dates appetizer is a tradition that goes back longer than I’ve been alive. It’s that same old traditional palette pairing of salty and sweet and man does it deliver every single time.
In addition, is it just so easy to make and not just from an ingredient standpoint, but from a procedural point of view as well.
Before I get into making these tasty little brown sugar and bourbon bacon wrapped dates treats I also have to point out that these guys have no season, because they are ALWAYS in season :-).
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Dates:
Once they are wrapped you simply sear them in a pan so the bacon cooks together and holds it in place and you can either finish them in the oven or right there in the pan.
What is a Date?
My Best Appetizer Recipes:
- Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
- Loaded Tater Tots
- Grilled Lobster Tails
- Tuna Ceviche Recipe
- Salmon Cakes Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe with Brown sugar and Bourbon
- 16 pitted dates
- 16 half slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup of good bourbon
- 6 ounces of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- In a medium sized pot on high heat add in the bourbon and cook until the alcohol has been cooked out.
- Next, whisk in the butter until melted and then add in the brown sugar and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Wrap each date with a half slice bacon and sear them until golden brown in a large saute pan on medium-high heat.
- Once the bacon is golden brown on all sides, pour the butter bourbon and brown sugar sauce all over them.
- Finish cooking them by adding the pan to the oven on 325° for 10 to 15 minutes.