I’m not sure you will find a more flavorful dish then this Tomato and Saffron Pasta with Lobster and Chorizo recipe, which is savory, spicy and loaded with delicious herbs! It is a bit tedious an d on the expensive side so don’t go thinking you are just going to whip this up on a Wednesday night for the family cause sorry Jack, it ain’t happenin. However this is something you make when you want to impress someone, like a spouse or girlfriend. They will be blown away that you made something like this. This Tomato and Saffron Pasta with Lobster and Chorizo takes time, love and a lot of paying attention to. Sure you could take out some of the seafood, but I think when you do that you really lose that spark about the recipe which makes it different. There aren’t too many pasta recipes out there that feature lobster tails and crab meat together. Again, make this for a special occasion for that special someone, they’ll dig it I promise!
Tomato and Saffron Pasta with Lobster and Chorizo
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 sliced yellow onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 sliced chorizo sausage links
- two 28 ounce cans of whole plum tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of saffron threads
- 2 small diced lobster tails shell removed
- 1 small diced 8 ounce halibut fillet
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 pound of diver or bay scallops
- 1/2 pound of jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 ounces of unsalted buuter
- 1 pound of cappellini pasta
- 2 tablespoons of chiffonade fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Lemon for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a large hot pot with olive oil, caramelize the peppers, onions and garlic. Once brown, add in the chorizo and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Then, add in the tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, saffron, salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
In a large hot saute pan with butter add in the seafood and cook until brown and almost done. Once it is to this point, add in the tomato saffron sauce and braise the seafood until the seafood is cooked through out. Finish with herbs, salt and pepper.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Once the noodles have reached al dente, remove from the pot and place in a large bowl with the seafood and tomato saffron broth covering it. Garnish with fresh herbs, scallions and lemon.