Man do I love beef brisket, and man do I love sliced and stacked on a sandwich bun smothered in BBQ sauce. I usually like to smoke it for long periods of time so it develops that nice crust on the outside and slices like butter. Well, I don’t have that kind of time so I slow roasted it in the oven and wow did it turn out great. If you don’t have a smoker then try this out with sweet onions!
the onions just make this dish!
The signature up close shot!
Slow Roasted BBQ Beef Brisket Recipe
- 5 pounds of brisket
- 3 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons of of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground mustard
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 3 cups of sweet BBQ sauce
- 3 sweet onions sliced thick
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- In a large bowl mix together all off the dry seasonings until combined. Next add in the beef brisket and rub the spices into the beef on all sides and marinate in the fridge over night or for at least one hour.
- After it's done marinate place in a baking dish with beef stock, cover and cook on 300° for 3 hours. After 3 hours remove the foil and turn the heat up to 325° for another 3 hours.
- While the beef is cooking roast the onions in a large skillet on medium heat with butter until completely brown. Keep warm.
- Once the beef is done remove from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Top off with bbq sauce and serve on a bun with roasted onions.