Sautéed Rockfish with Miso Sauce and Arugula Salad
This sautéed rockfish with miso sauce and arugula salad recipe is perfect for entertaining or feeding the family.
For the Rock Fish:
- two 8 ounce rockfish fillets
- ¼ cup of white miso
- ¼ cup of mirin
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
For the Salad:
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
- juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoons of Dijon or grainy mustard
- ½ cup of sesame oil
- segments of 2 oranges
- ½ shaved fennel bulb
- 2 cups of packed arugula
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Fish: In a large bowl whisk together miso, mirin, brown sugar, lemon juice and soy sauce. Once combined pour it in a plastic slider bag with the rockfish and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Once marinated remove from the refrigerator and saute them in a large hot saute pan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil that has reached the smoking point. Once the fish is in the pan turn the heat down to medium-high. This is a delicate fish and will cook for 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Salad: In a bowl whisk together chives, orange juice, vinegar, honey, mustard and sesame oil to make a vinaigrette and set aside. In a separate bowl comine orange segments, fennel and arugula and using a small amount of the vinaigrette, dress the salad. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To Plate: Place down the fish and on a white plate and on the other side place the salad.