I’m sure I have more random dry and fresh goods lying around the house than the average person given what I do for a living. While it does some like a great problem to have. it can be really stressful trying to figure out what to do with all of these ingredients, so I decided to start Eating Through the Kitchen Cabinets, until I got a manageable food level in the house. I recently had to make a veggie frittata for a client which left me with a ton of left over stuff, so I transformed it into Roasted Chicken with Honey Butter and Spring Vegetables recipe to feed the family with for dinner. I literally had every ingredient on hand to make this recipe, which made it even better and more cost efficient. Sometimes things just taste better when you know you got a deal :-).
This Roasted Chicken with Honey Butter and Spring Vegetables could literally be tweaked to whatever you have in your house, the only thing you can’t mess with is the chicken and honey butter. Whatever leftover vegetables you have, or perhaps find on sale at the grocery store, I suggest you use up! The crispy bacon in the vegetables just give it that extra bit of love and flavor to make it so dang tasty. I mean come on I got my 2 year old to eat white asparagus lol! Bacon is just that good!
Don’t forget to pin the big pic below!
Roasted Chicken with Honey Butter and Spring Vegetables
- 2 split chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- 4 ounces of softened unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 strips of chopped bacon
- 8 partially cooked baby potatoes cut in half longways
- 6 sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 thickly sliced green asparagus
- 3 thickly sliced white asparagus
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 seeded and julienned red bell pepper
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Season the split chicken breasts on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Next, add olive oil to a large saute pan on high heat and in the chicken skin side down and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the chicken over and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes then remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add in the chopped bacon and cook until crispy.
- Once the brown and crispy, remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Add in the potatoes, mushrooms, asparagus and red bell pepper in the bacon fat and sear until gold brown on all sides.
- Add the bacon and green onions to the pan and toss. Season with salt and pepper, place the partially cooked chicken on top and finish the pan in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking whip the butter until light and fluffy and fold in the honey, tarragon, salt and pepper until combined.
- Spread the honey butter all over the chicken before serving!