So I hooked up this Mediterranean Vegetable and Bean Salad Recipe to go alongside this Mediterranean Grilled Rack of Lamb Lollipops Recipe and dang was it awesome. My wife actually doesn’t like lamb (I know…) but put some roasted sliced chicken in it and she absolutely love it! It’s really easy to make and literally would be a great side to any main dish. In addition if you wanted to step it up even more, try adding some cherry tomatoes, olives and capicola or salami! So the next time you are struggling to come up with a great side dish, try this Mediterranean Vegetable and Bean Salad Recipe.
Tons of awesome flavor in this Mediterranean Vegetable and Bean Salad Recipe
Pin for later with the image below!
Mediterranean Vegetable and Bean Salad Recipe
- two 15 ounce cans of strained and rinsed northern beans
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 1 finely minced clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Place the zucchini, squash, peppers and onion in a bowl and coat them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Next, cook the vegetables on a hot grill for 3 to 4 minutes. They should still be slightly crispy.
- Chill the vegetables as soon as they are cooked.
- Once the vegetables are chilled, dice them up and them to a large bowl along with the northern beans, garlic, balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil, sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Chill before serving.