Lentil Soup with Ham
Try this tasty Lentil Soup with Ham that the whole family will love!
- one 6 pound spiral sliced ham, cut into small chunks
- 2 smoked ham-hocks
- 5 finely minced fresh garlic
- 5 small diced carrots
- 5 small diced celery stalks
- 2 small diced large yellow onions
- 3 small diced and peeled large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 160 ounces of chicken stock
- 24 ounces of lentils
- 5 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Lea and Perrins to taste
- In a large pot on high heat add in olive oil until it begins to smoke and then add in garlic, chopped carrots, celery, and onions and caramelize.
- Once caramelized add in lentils and toast for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Next add in stock, chopped ham, and bring to a boil. Once boiling add in potatoes.
- Turn the head to medium and add in herbs, seasonings, ham-hocks and cook for a further 20 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread!