Sometimes you just need a refreshing salad loaded with nutrients to cut into your weekly routine of protein, fast food and junk to feel better. There have literally been days where I would eat like crap and literally feel terrible all day because my body was running on garbage. We are an on the go family so I don’t have hours every night to make some insane meal, but I do have some time to make things nice. One of my chef’s used to always say take the extra 10 or 15 seconds it takes to make things nice. Making this easy Greek Salad was really nothing and took less than 20 minutes from start to finish. A little herb rub for the roasted chicken, chop up some vegetables, make a quick vinaigrette and boom you’re in good shape.
A lot of love going on in this salad!
Make sure to caramelized up that chicken so it becomes full flavored.
Gotta have a close up to show you all the goodness.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 cups of spring mix
- 1 roughly chopped head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup of small diced Roma Tomatoes
- 1 cup of small diced cucumbers
- 1 cup of sliced olives
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 cup of artichoke hearts
- ½ cup of small diced sweet onion
- ½ cup of Feta cheese
- ¼ cup of red wine or balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ small diced shallot
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- For the Chicken: In a small bowl mix together the herbs and spices until combined. Generously season both sides of the chicken breasts with the spice blend.
- Next, in a large hot saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil cook the chicken breast on one side until golden brown (3 to 4 minutes). Once brown flip over and place the pan in the oven to finish the chicken on 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. After cooking, remove from the pan and slice.
- For the Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl add in the vinegar, mustard, honey, shallots, salt and pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil until it has become emulsified. Set Aside.
- To Plate: Mex together all of the vegetables and lettuces in a large bowl and dress with appropriate amount of dressing and toss until completely combined. Season the salad with salt and pepper and mix again. Serve with sliced chicken on top.