Chicken Posole Recipe with Lime
Try this easy to make Chicken Posole Recipe with Lime!
- 3 dried ancho chiles reconstituted in 4 cups of hot water
- 1 small diced large yellow onion
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken, all meat removed, roughly chopped and carcass discarded
- 3 quarts of chicken stock
- two 20 ounce cans of hominy, strained
- ½ cup chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh lime wedges and tortilla chips
- In a large pot on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, caramelize onions and garlic.
- Roughly chop chicken meat and finely dice reconstituted ancho chiles and discard chile water.
- Once the onions and garlic are brown, add in the chopped chicken, diced chiles and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- After the soup is to a boil add in strained hominy and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finish the soup with salt, pepper, cilantro and oregano and cook on low heat for 30 minutes to bring out all of the flavor.
- To Plate: Garnish the soup with fresh lime wedges and corn tortilla chips.