If you love this chicken posole then be sure to try out my Verde Pork Posole Recipe!
Chicken Posole Recipe with Lime
Try this easy to make Chicken Posole Recipe with Lime!
- 3 dried ancho chiles reconstituted in 4 cups of hot water
- 1 small diced large yellow onion
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken all meat removed, roughly chopped and carcass discarded
- 3 quarts of chicken stock
- two 20 ounce cans of hominy strained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh lime wedges and tortilla chips
In a large pot on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, caramelize onions and garlic.
Roughly chop chicken meat and finely dice reconstituted ancho chiles and discard chile water.
Once the onions and garlic are brown, add in the chopped chicken, diced chiles and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
After the soup is to a boil add in strained hominy and cook for 5 minutes.
Finish the soup with salt, pepper, cilantro and oregano and cook on low heat for 30 minutes to bring out all of the flavor.
To Plate: Garnish the soup with fresh lime wedges and corn tortilla chips.