Gosh I love tomatoes! Only problem is they are really only fresh for a few months out of the year, but when ever they are in season I try to use them in as many places as I can. with a bunch of left over cherry tomatoes, why not make a salad out of them. I had some delicious purple, red, and yellow cherry tomatoes so the recipe was going to be simple. Whip up a quick vinaigrette throw in some fresh basil and boom, I’ve got an amazing refreshing cherry tomatoes and mozzarella salad!
Cherry Tomatoes and Mozzarella Salad
- 6 cups of assorted cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups of mini buffalo mozzarella balls rinsed
- 1/4 cup of chiffonade fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 small diced small shallot
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, sugar, shallots, salt and pepper until combined to make a balsamic vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a separate bowl toss together tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella until combined. Season with salt and pepper and dress with desired amount of balsamic vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.