While I was making this Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe with Roasted Pineapple Salsa I knew I had to serve it with some veggies, so I whipped up this Butter Bean Recipe with Corn, Tomatoes and Bacon. Crazy easy and really quickly prepared from start to finish. I cooked all of the vegetables in the rendered bacon fat for that extra love I’m always looking for and then topped it off with some fresh herbs and the crispy bacon lardons. My wife said it was so awesome and had literally never tasted anything like it, which is saying a lot considering how many different things she gets to eat in this house. This Butter Bean Recipe with Corn, Tomatoes and Bacon would be a great side to just about anything, even fish or steak. Do it up!
Got these cool green Le Creuset Bowls on sale at Sur La Table a while ago and I figured it was finally time to break’em out!
- 6 slices of chopped thick cut bacon
- 4 cups of butter beans
- 2 ears of shucked and trimmed corn
- 1 cup of assorted cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup of sliced green onions
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh oregano leaves
- Manchago cheese
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on high heat add in the bacon and render the fat. When the bacon becomes crispy, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the pan with the bacon fat add in the butter beans, corn, tomatoes and green onions and saute on medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Next, finish off with butter, salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetables in a bowl and top off with the crispy bacon, Manchago cheese, basil and oregano leaves.