Man do I love tacos and these Pan Roasted Flank Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce fanflippintastic. It always amazes me how easy it can be to make tacos by using the most simple ingredients imaginable. I mean I literally used onions and avocado as filler ingredients and it just made these tacos spectacular. Also the great thing about making tacos is being able to swap out ingredients for whatever you like. I could have changed cheeses, I could have roasted peppers and put them in there, or I could have simply changed the chimichurri sauce for a pico de gallo. I think the beauty of being able to do this really comes down to how much you want to spend. You can use the most expensive steak imaginable or you can buy all fresh produce that is on sale. Its really about using seasonal ingredients that are affordable and making them taste great by properly caramelizing and seasoning. I always say I could cook on a rock, and that it all comes down to basic fundamentals and then from there getting creative.
Remember for the steak to try and let the seasonings infuse into the steak by letting it marinate for at least 20 minutes. You could also try a mojo marinade and simply leave it over night. As you can see the possibilities are literally endless! So without further ado, enjoy my latest SOIGNE video for Flank Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce.
Load that sucker up with onions, avocado, queso fresco and chimichurri sauce!
Of course a big picture for pinning!
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 finely minced small shallot
- ½ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup of chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 thickly sliced yellow onion
- 1 thinly sliced avocado
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- corn tortilla shells
- limes for garnish
- For the Seasoning: Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside
- For the Chimichurri Sauce: Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and mix until merged.
- For the Steak: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a plate along with 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend and mix together. Next add the flank steak and coat on all sides with the olive oil-seasoning blend and let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the onions and caramelize. Once brown remove them from the pan.
- In the same pan on high heat, add in the marinated flank steak and sear on both both sides for 3 minutes or until golden brown and a medium-rare internal temperature is achieved.
- Let the meat rest on a cutting board for 2 to 3 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- To plate: Place a small amount of the sliced flank steak inside of a corn tortilla shell and top off with 1 tablespoon of chimichurri sauce, caramelized onions, sliced avocado and queso fresco. Garnish with limes.