Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia Bread Recipe that is light, fluffy, authentic and incredibly easy to make while being finished off with olive oil and rosemary.
Prep Time 14 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Rising Time 2 hours
Total Time 34 minutes
Servings 16 people
For the Bread:
- 280 grams 1 1/4 cups of luke warm water
- 4 grams 3/4 teaspoon yeast
- 510 grams 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Artisan Bread Flour
- 6 grams 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 grams 1 teaspoon barley malt syrup or honey
- 25 grams 2 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil + more for the pan
For the Salamoia:
- 10 grams 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 grams 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 10 grams 1 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to convection bake 425°.
Bread: Add the water and yeast to a standing mixer with the hook attachment and give a little whisk and let sit for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved.
Next, add in the remaining ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated, then mix on medium-low speed for 8-10 minutes.
Cover with plastic and let stand for 60-90 minutes or until it has doubled or tripled in size.
Add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a ½ baking sheet tray and spread and stretch the dough out to fill the tray.
Cover with a towel and let sit for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
Using your fingers press down onto the dough to make imprints or dimples all over the dough.
Salamoia: Whisk together the olive oil and water until combined and evenly pour it over top of the dough. Sprinkle the top with sea salt.
Bake in the oven at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown on top.
10. Cool, slice and serve.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 34mg | Calcium: 0.5% | Iron: 1.6%