Seafood Pasta with Clams and Mussels
Make this classic Seafood Pasta with Clams and Mussels recipe!
- 2 thinly sliced stalks of celery
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- one 28 ounce can of plum tomatoes and juice
- 1½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of dry thyme
- 2 tablespoon of dry basil
- ¾ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 to 12 fresh mussels
- 6 to 8 fresh clams
- 1 roughly chopped fillet of tilapia
- 12 to 14 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 8 ounce can of strained chopped clams
- 1 cup of chardonnay wine
- 1 pound of linguine noodles
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on high heat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, caramelize the celery onions and garlic. Once brown add in the tomatoes, stock, thyme, basil, red pepper flakes and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- In a separate large saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil saute the mussels and clams for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shells start to open up. Next add in the shrimp and fish and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Once the fish is brown, de-glaze with white wine and braise until the shells of the clams and mussels are completely opened (will take 4 to 8 minutes). While everything is braising cook the linguine noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until it is al dente (slightly crunchy. NOTE: will take approximately 8 – 12 minutes).
- Next, add all of the contents from the seafood pan to the saute pan with the tomato mixture. Then add the pasta, canned clams and mix thoroughly making sure to adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Garnish with sliced green onions or chopped fresh parsley.