I’m into easy these days. Chasing a 3-year-old around day and night, super busy at work, and just finishing up remodeling our kitchen I want delicious and I want simple. My daughter and wife each have a sweet tooth of epic proportion so it’s always my job to delivery, only problem is I don’t have time to be baking sweet treats or serving up ice cream all day long. I wanted to explore what it would look like to make a delicious dessert that is dairy free and loaded with fresh berries so I created this Yogurt Tart. Too much dairy seems to give my family stomach aches so this alternative is the perfect treat.
With any good tart comes a super tasty crust and to ensure it’s dairy free I subbed butter for melted coconut oil in my graham cracker crust. It’s as easy as adding graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted coconut oil to a food processor and pulsing until it’s combined. Next thing to do is press it down into a tart pan and bake in the oven on 350° for 8 minutes, and then let it cool to room temperature.
For the filling of the tart I used Silk’s Dairy Free Vanilla Yogurt. It’s super creamy and rich, and almost has this tapioca flavor to it that I knew would be fabulous with fresh berries the moment I tasted it. To add a little more sweetness to it so I could offset the natural state of the fresh berries I whisked in some honey. From there I poured right on top of the graham cracker crust and within 1 hour in the freezer it was good to go.
When it comes to the berries I am just all in, and if you can’t tell by the picture the more the merrier. I love how desserts look when they are just covered ins fresh fruit, to me it shows a real side to the creator. Now you can either eat the yogurt tart with it frozen or you can let it thaw out slightly and try it. I prefer to let it heat up a bit and really let the creaminess come through so that it becomes a flavor explosion when eating it.
Another great way to easily change up this recipe would be to use one of Silk’s fruit flavored yogurts like blueberry or strawberry. It would of course change up the taste but then you can make the tart all 1 berry.
Be sure to check out all of Silk’s Dairy Free Yogurts and follow them on the social channels below for recipes, product info and tips.
Yogurt Tart with Fresh Berries
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 4 5.3 ounce servings of Silk Dairy Free Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- ½ cup each of fresh strawberries blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- In a food processor combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and coconut oil and pulse until combined.
- Next, press the crumbs into a 12" long tart pan and press down to form to the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool the crust to room temperature.
- Next in a medium size bowl whisk together the yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey until combined and pour it over the graham cracker crust.
- Place the tart pan in the freezer and cool until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
- Finish the tart by adding the fresh berries to the top and drizzling on the remaining tablespoons of honey.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.