Classic Chef Salad Recipe
You will love this meat-filled vegetable-packed classic chef salad recipe served up alongside a delicious thousand island dressing.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut into bitesize pieces
- 1 head Boston bibb lettuce cut into bitesize pieces
- ½ seeded and large diced English cucumber
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 ounces cubed swiss cheese
- 4 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cubed turkey meat
- 8 ounces cubed ham
- 8 ounces cubed roast beef
- 4 peeled and quartered hard-boiled eggs
- 1 peeled seeded, and large diced avocado
- ½ thousand island dressing recipe
Add the lettuces to a large serving bowl.
Next, layer on with cucumbers, tomatoes, cheeses, meats, hard-boiled eggs, and avocado.
Serve alongside the thousand island dressing or season the salad with salt and pepper and dress with the dressing and serve.
- Make-Ahead: This salad was meant to be eaten as soon as it’s made.
- How to Store: Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will only last this long if it is not yet coated with salad dressing.
- You can absolutely use whatever salad dressing you like.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 993mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1745IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 3mg