Medium Boiled Eggs Recipe
These easy to make medium-boiled eggs are the perfect accompaniment to any salad or breakfast, or even as a side dish to the main course.
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 6 large eggs
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat.
Pour in some vinegar to help with the smell, if desired.
Gently add the eggs into the boiling water using a large spoon and cook for 8 minutes.
Immediately transfer the eggs after they are done cooking to a container filled with cold water and ice.
Cool the eggs for 2-4 minutes to stop the cooking process.
Peel the eggs under running lukewarm water, slice, and serve.
- Make-Ahead: You can make these up to 1 day ahead of time, but for best results serve once they are done cooling.
- How to Store: Keep them in water in a container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- How to Reheat: If you want to eat these warm, add them to some boiling water for 3 minutes. Peel under cold water so that your hands don’t get burned.
- To get rid of the sometimes eggy smelly when boiling, simply add a little distilled vinegar to the pot of boiling water
- If you need help peeling the eggs, run them under lukewarm water while peeling.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 61mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg