Soft Boiled Eggs Recipe
Learn how easy it is to make perfect soft-boiled eggs every single time using these easy to follow fool-proof instructions.
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over high heat.
Gently add the eggs into the boiling water using a large spoon and cook for 5 minutes.
Immediately transfer the eggs after they are done cooking to a container filled with cold water and ice.
Cool the eggs for 2-4 minutes to stop the cooking process.
Peel the eggs under running lukewarm water, slice, and serve.
- Make-Ahead: You can make these up to 1 day ahead of time but are best served immediately.
- How to Store: Keep in cool water in a container for up to 3 days.
- How to Reheat: If you want to serve these warm, add to boiling water in a pot for 2-3 minutes. Peel and serve.
- Sometimes eggs smell a little funky, to cut that smell add some plain distilled vinegar to the boiling water before cooking the eggs.
- It does not matter if you use brown or white eggs when making boiled eggs.
- To help peel the egg, run it under luke-warm water.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 61mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg