Perfect Shrimp Scampi Recipe
You will absolutely love this incredibly easy elegant recipe for shrimp scampi that is lightly simmered in a delectable white wine and garlic butter sauce.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 finely minced garlic cloves
- 3 pounds peeled and deveined 21/25 shrimp
- ½ cup white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- sea salt crushed red pepper flakes, and pepper to taste
Add the olive oil to a large pan or rondeau over low to medium heat and let it get hot for about a minute and then add in and cook the garlic while stirring it, just until you smell it, which takes about 30 to 60 seconds.
Pour in the shrimp and stir and cook it for 60 to 90 seconds.
Next, add in the white wine and cook for a further 60 to 90 seconds.
Finish by stirring in the lemon juice, parsley, butter, sea salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and pepper until combined.
Serve with crusty bread or overcooked al dente pasta.
- Make-Ahead: This recipe is meant to be eaten just as soon as it’s cooked. If it sits too long the shrimp will become overcooked and chewy.
- How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can freeze these covered for up to 2 months. Thaw for 1 day in the refrigerator before reheating.
- How to Reheat: Add the desired amount of shrimp scampi to a large frying pan over medium to high heat and quickly cook until warmed. You can also cook in the microwave until hot, but this method will tend to overcook the shrimp scampi much quicker.
- You can also add fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, chives, or thyme if you would like to slightly alter the flavor.
- This recipe makes quite a bit so feel free to scale down to make it work for you. Figure 4-6 ounces of shrimp per person to serve.
- You can cook this recipe over higher heat, but it will risk overcooking the shrimp.
- When the shrimp are done cooking, they will be in the shape of a C and if it is a very tight and firm C, it is most likely overcooked.
- If you do not want to use wine then substitute in some chicken stock.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 429mg | Sodium: 1324mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 126IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 258mg | Iron: 4mg