Homemade Pineapple Salsa Recipe
This fire-roasted homemade pineapple salsa recipe is absolutely delicious and goes amazingly well on pork, chicken, steak, or fish.
Servings 4 cups
- 1 peeled, cored, and thickly sliced pineapple
- 1 peeled and thickly sliced sweet onion
- 2 seeded jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to high heat (450° to 550°).
Coat the pineapple, onion, and jalapeños in olive oil and evenly spread everything out on a hot pre-heated grill for 3-5 minutes per side or until dark grill marks are formed and everything is roasted. Everything should be cooked but not mushy.
Put the vegetables and fruit into a blender along with the pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper and pulse on high speed until it is smoothed out but still slightly chunky.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 2 days ahead of time.
- How to Store: Place covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. This recipe will not freeze well.
- You definitely do not have to grill or roast anything in this recipe. If you prefer to keep it raw simply add everything to a blender or food processor and pulse until it is slightly chunky.
- To change up this recipe you can sub the pineapple for mango.
- If you are looking to add much more spice to this recipe try using a serrano or even a habanero pepper.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 274IU | Vitamin C: 123mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg