Balsamic Reduction Recipe
Enhance the flavor of your food by making this easy to prepare balsamic reduction that goes excellent on steak, chicken, seafood, or vegetables.
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
Add the vinegar and lemon juice to a medium-size pot.
Cook over low to medium heat until it reaches 226° F.
Chill the sauce in the refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours, and serve.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this recipe up to 1 week ahead of time.
- How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Since you are reducing the balsamic vinegar and making the flavor more concentrated, there is no need to go out and spend lots of money on a good vinegar. My advice is to buy what’s on sale.
- No matter what you reduce the flavors can oftentimes become vinegar and lemon juice not only helps to counter the bitterness but also adds some nice citrus flavors as well.
- Reduced Balsamic goes excellent with fresh strawberries as well as with vanilla ice cream.
Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg