Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
This extra creamy traditional Caesar salad dressing recipe comes together in minutes and will go perfect on your Caesar salad.
Servings 2 cups
- 6-8 anchovies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 pasteurized eggs
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
Add the anchovies and garlic to a food processor and pulse 20-30 times until the ingredients are finely chopped.
Next, add in the eggs and ½ of the lemon juice and process on high for 20 seconds until completely mixed together and smooth.
While processing at high speed, slowly drizzle in the oil until it becomes thick and creamy.
Finish by adding in the cheese, remaining ½ lemon juice, and salt, and process on low speed until combined.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this dressing up to 3 days ahead of time, just keep covered and cool in the refrigerator until it is ready to use.
- How to Store: Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you are mixing by hand be sure to add in 1 ½ teaspoons of Dijon mustard to help the dressing emulsify.
- This recipe can also be made in a blender.
- If you do not want to use eggs in this recipe, simply swap out the eggs for 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You do not have to use anchovies in this recipe if you do not like them.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 458mg | Potassium: 138mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 325mg | Iron: 1mg