Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
This incredibly delicious blackberry cobbler recipe is made with tasty homemade drop biscuits and fresh blackberries coated in sugar and lemon juice.
For the filling:
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
For the biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 grated stick unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Filling: Add all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and gently fold to mix until combined. Refrigerate until needed.
Biscuits: In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar until completely combined. Gently fold in the grated butter until mixed in.
In a separate medium-size bowl whisk together the eggs and milk until completely combined and add it to the dry ingredients bowl and mix until just combined.
Add the blackberries to a 10x7 casserole dish and flatten out using a spatula.
Using 2 spoons drop 3 tablespoon size dough biscuits right over the top of the blackberries in the casserole pan. Repeat the process until 12 total biscuits are laying over the top of the blackberries.
Bake in the oven at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until browned on top and the biscuits are cooked through.
Cool slightly before serving with optional ice cream and caramel.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 1 day ahead of time. Serve cold or reheat before serving.
- How to Reheat: Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. You can also take your desired amount and cook in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate or bowl until hot.
- How to Store: Once cooled to room temperature, cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It will freeze well covered for up to 2 months. Thaw for 1 day in the refrigerator before reheating.
- For both the blackberries and biscuit dough, you’ll know when it is mixed enough when there is no visible sign of dry cornstarch or flour.
- Other options for pans can be a 9x9 or a 13x9.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 184IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2mg