Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
This super easy to make chicken fried rice recipe is loaded up with vegetables, chicken, eggs, and rice tossed in a delicious sauce.
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 7-9 ounce thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 peeled medium diced carrots
- 3 medium diced celery stalks
- 1 peeled medium diced yellow onion
- 6 medium diced cremini mushrooms
- 3 finely minced garlic cloves
- 5 whisked large eggs
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large wok over high heat add in 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Once it begins to smoke add in the sliced chicken and immediately spread it out to cover as much surface area as possible to brown.
Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until cooked throughout.
Add in the sherry, honey and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Set the chicken aside on a plate.
Place the wok back on the burner on high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Once it smokes add in the carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms and garlic and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in the eggs and tilt the wok to spread the whisked eggs around and cook like you would when making an omelette or scrambled eggs by moving them around with a spoon or spatula.
Add the chicken and rice back into the wok and break up any large chunks of rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the oyster sauce, remaining 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, peas, green onions, and salt and pepper and mix until combined. The rice should be brown.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this recipe up to 1 hour ahead of time, simply keep warm in the wok, covered over low heat before serving.
- How to Reheat: Place your desired amount in a hot wok over high heat with a small amount of oil until smoking and stir-fry the fried rice for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. You can also heat in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until hot.
- How to Store: Place covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze covered for up to 3 months. Thaw for 1 day in the refrigerator before reheating.
- It’s very important that your oil is smoking in your wok before cooking.
- Once the oil begins to smoke you have to add in your food or else it can catch fire.
- Everything cooks extremely quickly, including the chicken.
- When the vegetables are done cooking they should be al-dente, slightly crunchy.
- You can use canola, peanut, sunflower or sesame oil for this recipe.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 980mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5430IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg