Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipe
Homemade corn tortillas are so easy to make and tastes way better than anything you are going to get from the store, plus its only 3 ingredients!
- 4 cups maseca
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Mix together the ingredients in a large bowl until combined and knead in the bowl or on a clean surface for 5 minutes. Form into a ball, cover with a towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
Form the dough into 20 golf ball-sized balls.
Using a corn tortilla press place down a plastic zip bag and place a dough ball on top, cover with another plastic zip bag and press down until flattened.
Cook them 1 at a time in a large frying pan over medium-low heat for 45 to 60 seconds on each side or until lightly browned on the outside edges.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this recipe up to 1 day ahead of time, simply store in the refrigerator and reheat. They are best cooked, kept warm and served immediately.
- How to Reheat: Wrap the desired amount of tortillas in aluminum foil and cook in the oven at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until warm. Likewise, you can heat them 1 at a time on a microwave-safe plate until hot.
- How to Store: Place wrapped in plastic or in a container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- How to Freeze: These will freeze very well wrapped in plastic or in a container for up to 3 months. Place in the refrigerator to thaw until soft, about 4 to 6 hours.
- To only use 1 plastic zip bag simply cut around the outside of the bag following the creases to make 2 plastic square pieces.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg