Easy Pesto Pasta Recipe
Pesto Pasta is a delicious easy to make main entrée loaded up with cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, and amazing fresh basil flavor.
- 1 pound homemade or dried linguine
- 1/3 recipe for pesto
- pecorino Romano for garnish
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling water and cook according to the package instructions. For fresh, 2-3 minutes and dry 8-10 minutes.
Drain the pasta and add to a large bowl and place in the pesto along with a 1/3 cup of the pasta water, salt, and pepper and mix until combined.
Garnish with fresh shredded pecorino Romano cheese and serve.
- How to Reheat: Add your desired amount of pesto pasta to a medium size pan and add in 2 -3 tablespoons of hot water and mixer over low heat until hot.
- Make-Ahead: I advise you to keep the pesto and pasta separate if you are wanting to serve it 1 day ahead of time.
- How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make sure to salt the water once it begins to boil. The water should taste like the ocean. This will help keep the pasta moving as well as to season it.
- Do not cook this pasta in a hot pan on the stove as the sauce will break and the basil will separate from the oil and will become very oily.
- Try adding in some vegetables or cooked protein to further enhance the flavor.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 417IU | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg