Baked Apple Slices Recipe
Delicious baked apple slices tossed in cinnamon and sugar are the perfect dessert to serve up with caramel and ice cream.
- 5 each cored, peeled and thinly sliced Fuji apples
- 1 each cored, peeled and thinly sliced Granny Smith apple
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Add the apples to a large mixing bowl along with butter, sugars, cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch and mix thoroughly.
Transfer the apples to a 9" oval casserole dish and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Stir every 15 minutes until they are done and serve hot.
- How to Reheat: Place in a pan with a lid and place in the oven at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until hot. Likewise you can also heat in the microwave until hot.
- How to Store: Once cool, place covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They will also freeze well covered for up to 2 months. Thaw for 1 day in the refrigerator before reheating.
- If you don't want to cook the apples until the next day place them in a bowl submerged in pineapple juice to stop them from turning brown.
- These also great with chicken, fish or apples so be sure to get creative as they are not only a sweet treat.
- You can use a 9" or 10" oval casserole dish when baking.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg