Easy Roast Chicken Recipe
Easy whole roast chicken is the perfect weeknight or weekend 3 ingredient meal that is extremely tender, juicy and flavorful.
- 1 4 to 4 ½ pound roasting chicken
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Remove the neck and giblets from the cavity and season the inside of the cavity well with salt and pepper.
Truss the chicken and place in a 10” frying pan, cast iron skillet or cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
Generously season the outside of the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper.
Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook at 400° for 60 minutes or until the thigh reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate or cutting board for 5 to 10 minutes or rest before serving.
- How to Reheat: Place the chicken in a pan with a ½ cup of water. Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until hot.
- Serve this chicken immediately after resting for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remember to remove the butcher’s twine from chicken before serving.
- How to Store: Place covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- How to Freeze: Place covered in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw for 1 day in the refrigerator before reheating.
- If you are looking really boost the flavor, use the brine in my best fried chicken recipe.
- You can also customize this chicken by adding on a zesty rub like in my smoked bbq chicken recipe, or Bravas Recipe.
Calories: 705kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 649mg | Vitamin A: 2791IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 5mg