How To Bake Bacon
Baking bacon is hands down the best way to make it delicious and crispy and you will never make it any other way again after this.
- 1 pound regular cut bacon
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Evenly place the bacon 1/2” apart on 2 sheet trays lined with parchment paper.
Place the trays in the oven as close to the middle rack as possible and bake at 375° for 22 to 25 minutes or until browned and crisp.
Immediately remove the bacon from the tray and place it on paper towels to drain any excess fat and serve.
- How to Reheat: There are several ways to reheat bacon. You can grill it, place it in a pan and cook over low heat until hot or place back in the oven at 350° for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Pay close attention to it when reheating as it can burn very easily.
- Make-Ahead: You can make bacon up to 1 day ahead of time. Reheat and drain before serving.
- How to Store: Place covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- This recipe is done for regular cut bacon. If you want to use thick cut bacon add 3-5 minutes to your baking time.
- Try adding some cracked pepper to the top of the bacon before baking or drizzling on a little maple syrup for baking to enhance the flavor.
- Don’t you dare throw away the rendered back fat, strain it off into a container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze it for up to 2 months.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 90mg | Vitamin A: 17IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg