Beurre Blanc Sauce Recipe
Beurre Blanc Sauce is a delicious white wine butter sauce that is easy to make and goes great with vegetables, pork, beef, chicken or fish.
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ peeled small diced shallot
- 8 ounces unsalted butter cut up
- sea salt to taste
Add the white wine, vinegar, and shallots to a medium-size saucepot and cook over low to medium heat until there are about 2 tablespoons of liquid left.
Add in the butter and immediately begin to vigorously whisk the mixture until the butter is almost completely melted.
Remove from the heat and whisk until the mixture becomes melted and smooth.
Season with salt and optionally strain and serve.
- The sauce only has a certain amount of time before it breaks and the butter separates. It is advised to immediately serve it once it is finished.
- When there is a little bit of liquid left in the pot when you are reducing the white wine, vinegar and shallots, it’s known as “au sec,” or almost gone.
- You do not have to strain the sauce, the shallots provide an additional excellent flavor to it.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 708IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg