Easy Chocolate Sauce Recipe
An easy chocolate sauce recipe that comes together in minutes and is amazing when served up with any dessert.
Servings 1 cups
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Add the cream and sugar to a medium size sauce pot and bring to a light boil over medium-low heat.
Add in the chocolate, turn the heat to low and immediately whisk until the chocolate is mixed in and the sauce is smooth.
- To Reheat: Place your desired amount into a small saucepot and heat over low heat while stirring until it has thinned out into a sauce consistency. Likewise, you can reheat in a microwave-safe bowl until it reaches that same consistency.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this chocolate sauce up to 3-4 days ahead of time. Keep it cool and covered in the refrigerator until you would like to serve it, and simply reheat it.
- How to Store it: Place covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, do not freeze.
- When cooling in the refrigerator the sauce will become like a thick ganache and is delicious if wanting a little scoop to serve with fresh berries.
- You can also substitute the heavy cream for half and half if you want a little thinner less fattening sauce.
- Do not worry if when adding the chocolate the sauce is still really thin, it will thicken once the chocolate begins to incorporate into the hot cream.
Calories: 2003kcal | Carbohydrates: 137g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 157g | Saturated Fat: 94g | Cholesterol: 337mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 1199mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 102g | Vitamin A: 3589IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 11mg