Oven Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
These roasted root vegetables that are tossed with some lemon herb butter are the perfect side dish to make during the fall and winter months.
- 2 cups brussel sprouts sliced in half
- 3 peeled parsnips cut into 1” cubes
- 1 peeled celeriac root cut into 1” cubes
- 2 bunches peeled baby carrots cut into 1” slices
- 2 pounds baby potatoes cut in half
- 1 peeled and julienne red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon-herb butter
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 450°.
Add the vegetables to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper until coated.
Spread the veggies out on 2 sheet trays lined with parchment paper, make sure not to stack them, and bake at 450° for 25 to 28 minutes or until roasted and cooked. They should still have some crispiness to them.
Toss the roasted vegetables in the lemon herb butter and serve with optional garnish of chopped fresh chives and parsley.
- How to Reheat: Add the vegetables to a pan and cover with foil. Place in the oven at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until hot. You can also heat them in the microwave.
- How to Store: They will last covered in plastic in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They will also freeze covered for up to 2 months. Thaw them before reheating.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 459IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg