How to Make an Omelette with Ham and Cheese
See how easy it is to make a classic French Omelette recipe that is loaded up with ham and shredded cheddar cheese for the perfect breakfast!
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup of small diced cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper until completely combined. The yolks should be emulsified with the whites.
Next, add in the ham and give it a quick mix.
Add some butter to a non-stick skillet over low heat until melted.
Pour in the egg mixture and move the pan back and forth with 1 hand while constantly mixing the eggs with your other hand using a fork or spatula.
Cook it until a bottom layer of cooked eggs is formed and it is soft and slightly undercooked on top.
Sprinkle on the cheese.
Tilt the pan and gently fold the omelette over creating rolled up layers of cheesy eggs.
Garnish with optional chopped parsley and chives.
- You have to use a non-stick skillet to make this recipe and preferably it should be 10”.
- Do not limit yourself to the ham and cheese, once you perfect the technique of making it feel free to add in your favorites vegetables, proteins or cheeses.
- How to Reheat: To reheat these simply add your desired portion to a pan, cover it with foil and heat it up in the oven at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until hot. In addition, you can heat them in the microwave
- How to Store: The omelette can be stored in the refrigerator covered in plastic for up to 2 days. This will not freeze well.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 721mg | Sodium: 798mg | Potassium: 243mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1483IU | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 3mg