Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Looking for a great weeknight meal to serve the family with, then try this easy to make beef stroganoff that comes together in 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds of thinly sliced top sirloin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 thinly sliced white or yellow onion
- 2 cups each sliced cremini and button mushrooms
- 3-4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley + more for garnish
- 1- pound wide egg noodles boiled and cooked
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Add some oil to a large pan or pot over medium-high heat and cook the beef until lightly browned, which takes 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
Add butter to the pan and cook the onions and mushrooms until caramelized, about 8-10 minutes.
Add in the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes before putting the beef back in the pan.
Deglaze with brandy and cook until it’s almost gone.
Pour in the beef stock and add in the bay leaves and mustard and cook on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
Finish with sour cream, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Toss with noodles and garnish with extra parsley.
• In my personal opinion, the addition of caramelized mushrooms and onions elevates the recipe bringing out more umami delicious flavor in addition to only having beef in it.
• It’s important that the pan or pot be large to help caramelize all of the different ingredients which will require a lot of surface area.
• Spread the beef across the entire pan to ensure you get a sear on each piece.
• The brandy should evaporate and incorporate into the ingredients in the pan.
• The beef stock should be reduced to about ¼ cup to ½ cup before adding in the final ingredients.
Calories: 732.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 60.39g | Protein: 49.37g | Fat: 28.85g | Saturated Fat: 12.3g | Cholesterol: 192.64mg | Sodium: 415.76mg | Potassium: 1161.85mg | Fiber: 3.21g | Sugar: 5.18g | Vitamin A: 521.72IU | Vitamin C: 3.02mg | Calcium: 139.5mg | Iron: 4.53mg