Easy Italian Frittata Recipe
This classic Frittata Recipe is made with pancetta, potatoes and roasted onions for the absolutely most perfect way to start off your day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup pancetta lardons
- ½ peeled and small diced sweet onion
- 1 medium-size peeled and small diced russet potato
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley and rosemary for garnish
Add the oil to a 10” cast-iron skillet over medium heat and cook the pancetta, onions, and potatoes until tender and cooked, which takes about 10 minutes. Be sure to stir every few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
While the pancetta, onions, and potatoes are cooking add the eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper to a medium-size bowl and whisk until completely combined and smooth.
Add the eggs to the cast iron skillet and constantly push the eggs from the outside of the pan to the inside similar to making an omelet.
Once the eggs are slightly runny on top, about 4 to 6 minutes, invert the frittata using a plate and then place it back into the skillet runny side down and finish cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve the frittata in the skillet or on a serving platter or plate and garnish with additional parmesan cheese, parsley, and rosemary. Serve alongside fresh bread.
- There are no limitations on frittata ingredients so feel free to load it up with as many different vegetables and proteins as you'd like.
- If you have other ingredients you want to use, the first step is where you would add them in there.
- While cooking, you’ll also want to let the runny parts of the frittata go under the cooked parts by lifting it up with a spatula.
- How to Reheat: Add the frittata to a skillet, cover with foil and bake in the oven at 325° for 5-7 minutes or until hot. Alternatively you can heat both up in the microwave.
- How to Store: Frittatas last about 3 days covered in plastic and stored in the refrigerator. Frittatas don't freeze all that well, as ingredients can turn mushy when reheating, but if you must then cover in plastic and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 379mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 526IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 249mg | Iron: 2mg